“Cul-de-sac ventilation,” although the term is not commonly used in the industry, refers to a “dead” pocket of sub-floor space without any vents on the external wall, and where air flow is non-existent. As per our Envirofan In-Line fan-forced sub-floor ventilation solution, this “cul-de-sac” system is typically used to treat enclosed areas harboring damp air. This vent can be installed where the distance between floor and the ground beneath is the least, and where a “musty” smell within the home is likely to be most pronounced.
- Where concrete slabs surround the suspended floor area on 2 or 3 sides.
- Where the ground level outside the building is at the same height as the internal floor level.
To remedy this, you can lower the external ground level via retaining walls and install adequate ventilation. However, there is an exception to the rule, whereas flexible ducting can be utilised to extract the damp air from these problem areas. The Envirofan Quad Fan motors which is integrated into the adaptor which In the video is utilised for various reasons:
- That the solution is placed at the source of the problem.
- Quiet operation (6,email@example.com 30dBa or 7.500litres/min@ 12v 42.5dba) which does not translate to any undue noise in the dwelling or building unlike 240v systems. (30dBa is approximately half the noise of a modern domestic refrigerator). The variable transformer has a voltage selector which can be adjusted to a higher voltage setting.
- Being 12v this caters for significant power consumption reductions than 240v systems.
- Approximately 2 bricks high x 1 brick wide.
- Utilising four (7,500 litres/min @ 12v) individual fans means that the sub-floor ventilation properties will continue only with a slight loss if one impeller ceases to operate. Whereas with a single fan ventilation system, sub-floor ventilation properties would be totally lost when the impeller ceases.
- Cul-de-sac systems are integrated into a square to round which caters to 150mm plumbers stormwater pvc pipe (which has a smooth bore) which is better than 150mm flexiduct.
- Australian made ventilation system.
- IP68 rated
- 2 years manufacturers warranty.
- Digital timer is recommended.
Boxed with a Envirofan motor assembly integrated into the “square-to-round” with hanging straps, transformer and 6m of low voltage cable and connectors and unless ordered passive vent with spigot.
Don’t forget to complete your installation with an Envirofan passive vent available in either brown, white or shale grey. Kit includes a 150mm adaptor fitted within and 6m of low voltage cable. Does not include flexible ducting.
At the problem area where the musty smell is most pronounced inside the dwelling. This can be verified by accessing the sub-floor area to determine that the musty smell is more concentrated in this area. Where discolouration (darkened appearance or fungi) on the soil is apparent as compared to other soil appearance in the sub-floor area. Where a brick size dual fan system cannot be installed on an exterior wall. To ventilate at the centre of the dwelling (incidental to brick veneer construction) Located in the middle sub-floor area of the dwelling whereby fresh air can be drawn in through the existing exterior passive vents then extracted through the sub-floor ventilation system through ducting to the double brick size Envirofan passive vent mounted on the exterior wall. Designed to ventilate ‘cul-de-sac’ areas provided that there is sufficient sub-floor access.